I don’t know Lisa in person (yet!), but she makes me laugh. Hard! Our sons are college roommates and Joe sends me her FB posts from time to time. Lisa is a real mom on a mission to laugh her way through the crazy, gut-honest realities of life. Her short snippets remind me that it is OK to not be OK and a good laugh will keep a twinkle in your eye and Jesus in your heart. Here is a recent post. It goes with today’s photo! From Lisa:
The real life version of Tetris! Who says video games can’t help prepare a brain for adulthood? I really hate to brag, but here goes…Not a thing fell out of my overstuffed cart; I didn’t knock a single item off a shelf with my large load; I never ran into any shoppers (though I did hear a few exclamations of, “whoa!” from those around me. That’s called admiration, people); and I never clipped a tight corner even though I couldn’t see a blasted thing as I navigated the aisles. Look, I may forget to pick up some of my kiddos from time to time; I may forget to make dinner some evenings; my kids may wear the wrong uniforms for a sporting event; I may even forget to shower for like a week. BUT, Every. Single. Time. I will totally nail loading my cart “just so” at Sam’s Club. Hey my friends, we are all winners in some capacity.
How many times have you laughed this week? Never, ever pass up an opportunity. Make it your mission! Laughing (the harder the better) is one of the easiest, most enjoyable ways to:
- Burn calories
- Improve your cardiac health
- Increase your T cells, which will help you fight 60% of common diseases!
- Control hypertension
- Reduce anxiety by 50% in certain situations
These Fun Facts were gleaned from: https://www.lybrate.com/topic/5-wonderful-statistics-on-why-laughter-is-the-best-medicine-indeed-7926/8e04295099d47a98b9921e1b84d1147c
- We don’t laugh because we’re happy – we’re happy because we laugh. –William James
- Laughter is carbonated holiness. –Anne Lammott
- Everybody laughs the same in every language because laughter is a universal connection. –Jakob Smirnoff
- Laughter is the shortest distance between two people. –Victor Borge
- I am thankful for laughter, except when milk comes out of my nose. –Woody Allen (Amen to that!)
Need a laugh? Laughter is contagious! (1 minute video clip)