Positioned on our knees, the RHRW team has one desire. Our battle cry, “Run hard. Rest well.” is simple, profound, and transformative. It propels us and compels us embrace a pace that restores sanity and vibrancy to the ragged edges and tattered remains of our overload and exhaustion.
Our guiding focus includes 3 passions.
- Champion Rest
- Equip Leaders
- Change Culture
The RHRW team is not defined by the five people who make up our vision team, our grand-slam advisory group, or our host of committed volunteers. It is defined by you. You are on the front lines. You are making big and little changes, altering the trajectory of your life. You have a new, God-ordained vision for rest and rhythm. You are the voice of encouragement to weary, winded friends and co-workers. You are on the front line and we are praying for you.
Want to join the team, not just by association, but with intent? Consider these suggestions:
- Make “Run hard. Rest well.” your battle cry.
- Find a friend who shares your passion. Explore what that means for you in this season of life. Cheer each other on.
- Recognize your sphere of influence….your co-workers, children, neighbors. Speak of your defiant discontent with overload. Find those worn down and worn out. Share your story, your hope and the rest you’ve come to enjoy.
Next week, we will highlight a new welcome page, an ideal point of entry for people to join the “Run Hard. Rest Well.” journey. You might consider sending next week’s post on to those the Lord lays on your heart.
If you live in or around northeast Indiana and want to brake the chains of overload in your life, you’re invited to join in one of four, 4-hour Vantage Point Retreats planned for this fall.
Hour One Rest ReDefined: Identifying the Roadblocks
Hour Two Rest ReDiscovered: Explore Four Biblical Rhythms of Rest
Hour Three: 60 minutes of Personal Retreat
Hour Four Rest ReEnvisioned: Bringing It Home
- Wednesday September 9 1-5 PM
- Tuesday October 6 1-5 PM
- Saturday October 10 1-5 PM
- Sunday October 11 2-6 PM
Who: Ideal for individuals, couples, small group Bible Studies and ministry teams
Where: Camp Lutherhaven in Albion, Indiana
Cost: $39 (spouses ½ price)
To register or gather additional information, please contact Brenda
Onward, dear friends!
Is This Your First Time Here?
Welcome! We’re a group that gathers around the theme, “There has to be a better way.” We’re finding it in the 4-word mission statement, “Run hard. Rest well.”
- It’s a journey into the heart of God. It comes our way through an on-going exploration of four biblical rhythms that revive, replenish and restore: Sabbath Keeping, Sleep (and other simple stress-reducers), Stillness—personal retreat, and Solitude—personal retreat.
- It’s an expedition that challenges us at every turn. It convicts us in deep, tender places. It alters our priorities and plans. It’s not for the faint of heart.
- It’s adventure at its best – as we learn to run the race in a power not our own.
2 thoughts on “Looking Forward”
As school begin, rest is so much more important to seek. My day now begins at 5:30, but it doesn’t end at 9:00 or 9:30. No, my day ends closer to midnight. So what will I change? Well, a nap will help. Even when I worked, I took my lunch hour (30/45 minutes) and walked away from people to replenish myself. People exhaust me. I didn’t want or need their dramas. Now, being with people and knowing their drama helped me pray and love them and that was important, but if I didn’t take personal time, I was not good for anyone. My breaks were my time of connection with people. It helped.
Rest comes to us through an ever changing ebb and flow of community and quiet. Throw in some time in God’s creation and it’s an unbeatable mix!