Someone asked me if I wanted to be a part of changing the world.
My answer was quick and concise. “Yes I do. Sign me up!”
She then reminded me that God works in many ways, but that this 2-step approach can create a swell of ripples.
Create 3 goals for every verse God presses upon your heart. Listen well in this process. How does He want the power of this verse to impact my present, refine, transform, and propel me into new places?
Encourage and challenge others to “take God at His Word” and do the same.
God presses verses into our hearts all the time. On Sunday, Isaiah 26:3 rose to the surface.
You keep him in perfect peace whose mind is stayed on you, because he trusts in you. (ESV)
“Lord, what do you have for me in this?” That was a loaded question and it became quite clear that God had a lot for me.
- Understand where in my life I am enjoying “perfect peace” and where I am not yet letting Him in.
- At the end of each day, take note of how and when I was “practicing the Presence of God” and how often I was not.
- Actively surrendering and TRUSTING God with someone I dearly love whose life is messy and up for grabs right now.
The key for me to make this verse my own …
- The verse needs to be posted. Read. Reread. Maybe memorized.
- The goals have to be listed and revisited. Prayed over. Shared. Pondered. Acted upon.
Little disciplines. Big God. Mountain moving adventures.
Watch out world – !